Thursday 14 January 2010

HAS IT GONE YET????.........

Well the rain has arrived and washed the snow away, we are now left with pools of water waiting to soak into the ground which will then turn into mud but hey hoe at least the snow has gone.

Today I walked the fields raking nookie's poos in, I have decided to do this rather than poo pick, after reading an article on small pasture management............. as long as you break it up and spread it out using a rake it saves you fertilizing the fields in spring, along with exposing any worm eggs when it got to the scientific stuff I glazed over. Next thing to look up on the Internet.......Moles and how to get rid of the bloody things (humanely of course) It really irritates me the heaps of soil everywhere, I have tried the dog poo down the holes which has not worked so now I am going to try the brambles and rose clippings. I think the title of this post should have been POO's.

On Sunday my french neighbour Marie Jane phoned................"Oh my God help there is a french person on my phone" but I managed to understand that she was checking to see if I was OK and did I need any bread or milk, how kind was that! I also went for Sunday lunch to Vicky and Chris's which again was really kind of them to invite me, I think everyone is going a tad mad with being stuck in and a change in conversation and company does help, as does the wine and sloe gin.

3 comments:

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...

Cabin Fever!!! Definitely. Oh, I love sloe gin, have you tried it hot? Delicious!!

trudi said...

'cor did you get out on Sunday? We finally got out yesterday but like you the neighbours were kind and offered to get stuff for us (they have a 4x4 unlike us), glad it's all over (for now).