Sunday 28 February 2010

CATASTROPHE II...............



One out of three ain't bad............After an absolutely terrible awful night I have never experience winds like it we lost the stables....little shed and house made it!!!

At 3 am I was woken with the electricity going on and off the television came on as did the lights then the phone kept going on and off so I got dressed and checked outside it was horrendous, the stables still in place I just sat with Molly and a cup of coffee listening to the storm. Sometime between 4.30 and 5am the stables went I could make out that they were crushed between the hedge and thought there is absolutely nothing I can do, I have no idea if Nookie was inside at the time but I don't think he was, every time I checked with the flashlight he was stood calm in fact I spooked him with keep flashing the torch then we kept hearing trees going down, by 6am it was light enough to see the damage apart from the fact that they are up in the air they don't look to bad. I managed to get the haynets and filled them, moved some bales and taped off the area as Nookie was trying to get back in his shelter bless him!

The rest of the day has been showers sun and wind, as soon as the weather eases I will try and get them sorted, I was so tired and have done nothing constructive today.

Bob is in Cardiff tonight so had supper at his sisters......... Rita has had horses all her life and has a grand daughter who is competing she has offered to have Nookie on loan and has left me to think about her offer and after this I am giving it some serious thought. This is not how I want to keep a horse and I am dreading the summer with all its problems.

3 comments:

trudi said...

Oh no, at least Nookie is OK. If you want help just let us know we can come over, Trudi x

Claire said...

ooer ...

but isn't it weird how the horse isn't bothered by this? we're more worried than they are..

bellecroix said...

Thanks for your kind offer of help trudie......I think I am sorted;-)

Very true claire...... I am glad a have a cool dude for a horse