Wednesday 3 February 2010

GARDENING......


veg plot at Bluebell house
Apple tree
lavender hedge


We have had a beautiful spring evening and my thoughts turned to gardening, walking round playing with Molly I spied some daffodils poking though the grass and it was quite exciting! every year I plant loads of bulbs and completely forget where and what I have planted. One of my terracotta pots that had survived all the cold weather in Cumbria has been blown to bits with the frost here......... I really liked that pot. Next I studied our garden at the side of the house trying to decide what trees to plant, I want to get four decent size, two of which will be apples not sure about the other two. I like gardening and had a beautiful one in Penrith which was already established and I just added to, so starting with a blank canvass is a bit daunting.

Nookie had a bit of a scare today....... A predator arrived in the guise of a man struggling with an umbrella sign, the workmen at the new house opposite were doing some work in the road and put the sign near our gates, I was filling hay nets and heard the snorting, as I looked up he was in full show off mode (dressage in the nude) it was great to watch then the knob head hit the electric fence so we had an encore.

1 comment:

Di said...

Beautiful pics Bev. I'd a loved to see Nooks strutting his stuff!!