Wednesday 17 February 2010

FRENCH HOMEWORK (MY, YOUR, HIS, HER)

My, your, his, hers, its, our or their used with a noun to show that one person or thing belongs to another.


(m)
mon....................my
ton......................your
son......................his....her....its.....one's


(f)
ma............(mon)
ta..............(ton)
sa..............(son)

(p)
mes
tes
ses


You use mon, ton, and son with (f) singular nouns in front of words that begin with a vowel and most words with h this makes them easier to say.

mon assiette........................my plate
ton historie..........................your story
son erreur............................his/her mistake
mon autre soeur..................my other sister

It was a good lesson this week there was only Sandra and I in class and we seemed to get through a lot more, we also used our communication progressive du francais book which has lots of role play exercises, lucky for me I had done the second one with Di so I looked super clever and didn't struggle at all with any of it........I know I will be found out later but I don't care;-)


Mixed weather this week some lovely days but cold and some warmish springish type days, today it's grey and drizzling rain = mud.

Went to Limoges on Saturday took the sink back that turned out to be to small and got a refund, popped into a trashy type shop lots of crap but enjoyed browsing the shelves and bought absolutely nothing!! Stopped off at a Asian spice shop and got some spices for my new found desire to cook, I have made butter chicken and it was really good so I am going to try out a few more curry dishes.......not a jar in sight.

Bought a load of hay from someone I met at the Blazing Saddles meeting, I went to have a look at the hay which was very nice and in dinky little bales I got 5 in the back of our car which I took for Nookie to try, he seemed to enjoy the change and devoured it. I spent the afternoon chatting about Le Trec and drinking coffee.

Bob home on Sunday for six days so lots of jobs lined up, I think his time will be taken up with putting the alternator on the pickup a job that he insists will not take long.............that means it will.

2 comments:

Claire said...

men and machines...

thanks for the reminder on the mon/ton/son thing....

trudi said...

Hey, Bev's top of the class...cool!!