Sunday 25 October 2009

WHERE HAS THE WEEK GONE???

I don't know where this week has gone............I have made no decision on Isla as I wanted to see if my feelings changed................They haven't. She is a shireX and is a big girl I don't think my fields can sustain two horses, not just the eating but the trampling and churning up of the grass. I know I am going to make the wrong decision. If Nookie could tell me he would be OK on his own, problem sorted! Hmmmmmmmm.

Saturday and today the chasse came across the newly harvested field at the front of the house the horses were really good they just watched with interest never bothered at the gun shot or the french guy who continually shouted at his badly behaved dog or the dogs with their bells on. I'm afraid I ran about like a headless chicken getting Mollie in.

Our temporary stables are working well as shelters. They have their breakfast and are shut in while I poo pick the fields, hay is ad lib so they pop in and out all day and if the weather is warm enough for flies, nks is in there for most of it. The next rollo of hay is going at the other side of the stables where bob cleared some brambles which will provide more shelter, I was worried about the hay standing outside but it's been no problem, the top is covered and if it gets wet on the outside it saves me having to damp down the dust.

Sticking with my Polly Anna attitude...............The clocks went back, dark nights are here again BUT I now know it's tea time. It gets to 9 - 10pm before I realise I need to be fed in summer.............very bad for my figure.

Have watched a very disturbing video this weekend, having never really liked dressage at top level it always seemed unnatural to me......... canter pirouette's pointless and not nice to watch when bad, not keen on piaffe always looks a strain, so to see the barbaric rollkur used till a horses tongue turns blue makes me feel quite sick.
http://epona.tv/uk/news/show/artikel/blue-tongues-at-world-cup-qualifier

Note to calender.......................cancel BD subscription

10 comments:

trudi said...

Di says YEAH!!!! oh and get rid of the word verification thingy.

Di said...

Tut tut, some people can't control their drinking!!

bellecroix said...

Is that what your AA meeting this afternoon told you......tee hee hows the head.....Thanks for yesterday I think I could do ladies that lunch, really enjoyed it x

Di said...

I'm a bit queasy today!!! It was a good day wasn't it, I enjoyed it too!

trudi said...

A bit queasy!! You were decidedly green looking this morning, lol. Yes it was a good session, my head's fine but then Di was drinking it so fast I didn't get a look in.

Di said...

Now that's a lie!!! 6 bottles you said - I didn't drink 6 bottles.

Claire said...

did you sign the petition and join the facebook group?

oh, and hello (god i'm being rude! and i don't have the excuse of 6 bottles of wine...)...

bellecroix said...

Hi claire

Not signed the petition yet but will do.

I have joined 3 different anti rollkur groups on facebook and I am a member of BD so will see if they ever update us on the thread that was removed and their position on the matter.

It was six bottles when I left at 7
Hmmmmm me thinks that was di's quota

Claire said...

i'll believe bd doing that when they do.

do i gather (from your reference to appleby) that you're a northern girl?

bellecroix said...

I am a Lancashie lassie born and bred but lived in Penrith, Cumbria for 5yrs hence the reason I unfortunately went to Appleby