Monday 19 October 2009

DECISIONS.......DECISIONS........DECISIONS

Bob left again today after being home for three days, not feeling too bad this time........He has done an awful lot of work again. I decided that we needed to separate the biggest field into two smaller ones...... so more fencing has been put up and trying to put post into this hard ground was HARD!!! but its all done, Attention Au Chein Stud looks good.

On Sunday I went with Marti to the horse fair in St Yreiex, the reason being I have to find a companion for nookie when Isla goes in about 6 weeks. I had prepared myself for the horrors of a french horse fair BUT...................it wasn't that bad I have seen a lot worse at Appleby Horse Fair in Cumbria where last year a young horse drowned in the River Eden. the worse thing was the small space they are in with no hay and water for some, lots of shetland stallions, youngsters and riding types and some beautiful miniature thingy's which you could have picked up and put in the car. but nothing suitable.

Then today I have been offered Isla on a long term loan Hmmmmmmmm....... not sure about this will have to think about it, she is a big horse and is not safe to ride, she is 14 which is a nice age, but I have a nagging feeling she is not right as a companion for Nookie, she gets upset when we go out for a hack but she has settled here well and it saves me looking for something so it's Decisions.......Decisions...............Decisions

1 comment:

Di said...

It's a difficult decision. She's a lovely horse, but like you said she's a big horse and not one that you can ride. Would that be a problem though? Are you able to keep them in the same field yet? I suppose it would be more convenient if you could, especially come winter when you will need to preserve the fields. I wish I could help. Hope you're ok. x