Thursday 18 March 2010

FRENCH (VERBS)

A verb is a doing word which describes what someone or something does, what someone or something is, or what happens to them.
Verbs are usually used with a noun, with a pronoun such as I, you or she, or with someones name. they relate to the present, the past and the future; this is called their tense.

verbs are either REGULAR; their forms follow the normal rules
IRREGULAR; their forms do not follow the normal rules

The present tense: irregular verbs

Some verbs in french do not follow the normal rules. These verbs include some very common and important verbs like avoir meaning to have, etre meaning to be, faire meaning to do to make and aller meaning to go. Pheeeew I am loosing the will to live.

ETRE

je suis..................I am
tu es....................you are

il
elle
on est...................he/she/it/one is

nous sommes...........we are
vous etes................you are

ils
elles sont.............they are

Went to class on Wednesday and had to describe a room all I seem to do was wave my arms around and did a lot of pointing I was hopeless much to the amusement of the others.

After 2 weeks of lovely weather we now need some rain as the grass is not growing and it seems to have gone from sloppy mud to dust bowl, rain is forecast for the weekend.

1 comment:

Claire said...

i'm keen on verbs - i'm currently waging a campaign to prevent people using the word "would" when they should use "did" (as in, I DID go to work, in preference to I WOULD go to work...when talking of events in the past...)