Wednesday 9 December 2009

ONE WEEK ON..............

It has been nearly a week since Isla left and Nookie SEEMS fine I have been watching him closely. The weather has been horrible to say the least, grey and depressing with a lot of rain so I could hardly expect him to be whoop wooing around with a smile on his face. He has behaved no differently to when Isla was here: he greets me in a morning just the same, he waits at the gateway for his breakfast walks down to the shelter with me, he is eating his feed and hay, rolls in the same place, stands for his afternoon nap in the shelter, doesn't seem to have lost weight, he is doing nothing out of the ordinary............but he looks sad or is it me that's feeling sad for him? who knows!

Molly's story.............

The summer was nearly over and it was late September Molly was approaching 5 months old when I decided to go to the National Dressage Championships with a friend, she had a youngster at the Woodlander stud for grading and they were having a hospitality tent at the championships and she was invited for the Friday and Sunday, no problem with Molly John would look after her so off I went for a very posh horsey weekend.

I arrived home late Monday afternoon gave John a quick ring would it be ok if I picked Molls up Tuesday.....no problem.

She had been a good girl, slept in the stable with her brothers and had been a bit of a bully with Taz, my friend Steph had taken them all out for a 3 hr walk on the Sunday along with all the farm dogs, her own and boyfriends!..........7 in all, they even went swimming in the pond. Spent the whole morning telling her of my super weekend and she about how good all the dogs had been..............everything was good in the world!!

2 comments:

trudi said...

I might know of a free donk nearby ;-)

Claire said...

nookie clearly didn't gel with her then... imagine what would have happened if he'd been in love with her (see my blog......)