Sunday 4 July 2010

DRESSAGE AT POMPADOUR..........

Had a lovely day today at the dressage cheering on the Brits, overcast in the morning so ideal weather to watch the tests then it got hot in the afternoon so went and watched the working in whilst eating fritz with mayo, chocolate crepe and a freshly squeezed orange juice in the shade. No pictures forgot my camera Poo!

Judy Harvey whom I used to watch give lessons in Carlise to a very talented Ruth Edge came 5th on Fitzcerraldo the class was won by Jade De MV ridden beautifully by Castilla Ruiz Claudio from Spain whom I saw later in the schooling area bareback with halter and rope just chilling how refreshing to see! Ellen Bodenkemp on Donner Hit also rode beautiful. The Germans working in was a joy to watch unfortunately cannot say the same for the Dutch!!!!

I used to love schooling, not one for hacking out never liked it never will, just a means to an end but schooling has a real sense of achievement, I think i got it wrong for 95% of the time but I did experience some magical moments and if I'd been in a competition I would have won LOL.

I am glad I can go and enjoy watching without the feeling of wanting to DO IT I think my riding days are well and truly OVER!!

3 comments:

Claire said...

a good place to watch...

but no i doubt your riding days are over, why would they be?

Di said...

Sounds like a lovely day. It's such a beautiful place, you're lucky to live so close! It didn't give you inspiration to get the markers out then?

bellecroix said...

You just know when it's over claire LOL

Ha!!Must sell those markers Di....there was no rollkur...spursmarks...whipping or ragging on the mouths LOL