Tuesday 29 September 2009

IT WORKS FOR US


Rode in the arena this morning in the mist very spooky (for me not the horse). started off with walking for 10 mins when I asked for trot he felt rather stiff......a bit like me really, I asked for a canter to loosen him off, after a little buck he shuffled into canter, once around the arena and I could feel him stretch and lengthen and generally seemed to un knot himself, back to trot......felt much better, even when he is fitter cantering him at the beginning of a session really seems to help and it wakes him up and he becomes more focused on what is required.

I think we can get into the rut of fanning about instead of just getting on with it, I am sure they loose the will, while we are being concerned about what might be!!

He has been a stuffy horse all his life but.......... he has never been fed for hard work!!!!!

No comments: